Tuesday, July 12, 2011

An Open Pep Talk to Myself

One technique that always seems to work for me when I am struggling with getting started on something is to make it public. If I tell the world (or at least the part of the world that will listen to me) that I am doing this thing, then I do not want to let it down.

With that in mind I will be shooting my video today for my KickStart project.

I am feeling a bit nervous about getting in front of the camera. The usual thoughts go through my head “What if it is not good enough?” “What if I do not get the money because I screw this up?” “What if, what if, what if?”

However the bottom line is that if I do not make the video, if I do not launch the project I will not get the money and The Mighty Us will die on the vine. That would not be a very mighty outcome. So time to do the work and make the video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment