Thursday, October 29, 2009

The first step

The first step in taking back my life must be to decide what I want it to be. Saying "I want a job I love that can support my family" is fine but it is not specific. What kind of job would I love? What constitutes support? What is family? In order to craft goals that will lead me to the place I want to be it is important to know what that place looks like. Up until now I have drifted through life taking things as they come, which is pleasant for a while but now I have washed up on the shore of my late 30's feeling lost. It is time to find some landmarks and start hiking to where I want to be.


At this moment do I know where that is? No. However I can map the terrain of my life, get my bearings and then begin to look for the place I want to be. But what are the qualities of this happy little valley of contentment I am looking for? For now I will work with these:

  • I want a creative job.
  • I want to work from home.
  • I want to take control of my finances.
  • I want to own my own home.
  • In four years I want to be in a position to bring a son or daughter in to my family.

As the map of my life comes together I am sure these goals will change. However at the moment these are the things I am looking for. Do you want to be some were else in your life? Sit down and draw the map of the place you want to be. Share it with us here so we can congratulate you as you take the steps to get there.

edited 7/27/2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment