Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random sources of inspiration

As I stated on Monday one of my goals for this week is to add a new feature to the blog and here it is. One thing you may not know about me is that I really like my media, I love movies and books. TV shows are good too but until recently I have not been able to make the commitment to stick with an entire season of a show. That has changed thanks to DVDs but any way I get away from the real point of all this. With all the media I take in I often come across thoughts or ideas that get me to think about personnel growth and how we change. In this new feature I will take the time to talk about the quotes that I find inspiring or thought provoking. If you have book or movie references that make you think feel free to share them with me in the comments.
So let’s get started!

"Locked doors and dead ends; that's where half my investigations lead. But with the right kind of persuasion, almost any lock can be convinced to open." - Harry Dresden

I love this line from the Dresden Files TV show. When we are feeling down and defeated it is impotent to remember that there are always other things to try. With the right effort the right technique we can accomplish anything that we set our minds too. If we do not give up on a goal we will not lose. So next time you are faced with a dead end or a locked door remember there is always a way around it. Don't give up and do not surrender.

0 comments:

Post a Comment