Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Putting the Day in Order


A few weeks ago, or maybe less (life has been rushing by pretty fast these last few weeks) I talked about increasing morning productivity by knowing where you left off the night before. While this is a good way to hit the ground running I have been playing with another way to streamline my activities for the day. One thing I have been playing with is what I am calling a goal list.

This list is not a to-do list and it's not a long term set of goals. Instead it is the big picture view of what I want to get done that day. What I am trying to do is come up with goals the night before, then in the morning I can work on the process I need to go through to accomplish these goals. All the goal list does for me is put the day in order; give it a bit of focus so I know where it is I am going and how to plan the best route to get there.

With this goal list and subsequent planning there is no need to fill every moment of every day with activity. The idea is to make sure I am aware of what needs doing and have a plan for getting to all of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment