Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thoughts on the Eve of the Anniversary of the Blog


So tomorrow will mark the 1st anniversary of Up From The Ashes. For tomorrow's post I will be looking at what I have achieved in that time and the changes I have seen in my life. Today I want to take the time to let you know that while I have not reached all the goals I have set for myself in the past year I have seen real and measurable change. No matter what you think about yourself there is room for growth and we are all capable of taking charge of our lives.

We do not need to measure successes by what is on the TV screen and we do not need to be afraid of who we are. We can be the person we are inside and people will like us, we can measure successes by our own happiness and we can live our dreams. But in order to do any of that you have to make the choice to listen to your heart, to know who you are and to know you are worthy of receiving happiness and joy. Most importantly you have to be willing to make changes, not just talk about making them but actually putting plans into action. Once you do this you will succeed. It is only a matter of time. Success comes when we get what we want, failure happens when we stop trying to get what we want.

For those who are scared to start changing I want to be able to offer up role models of those who have made their life into what they wanted it to be. For this reason I am putting out a call for guest posts relating to stories of successes. If you know someone who is a good role model please let them know. If they do not wish to tell their own story but are willing to be interviewed I am willing to do that as well.

We can all change, we can have the life we want and one day we can be the role model for others. For now we live, we learn and we search for happiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment