Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break Project


So spring break is here and my plan is to try to write 150,000 words in that time. Countable words will include work on a novel I have been meaning to start and hopefully the novel will make up the bulk of the words. Writing for patch.com and gaysonoma.com as well as blog entries will make up the rest.


The real goal here is not to squeeze out a set amount of words, but more to set the bar for what I can comfortably write in one week. Once I have this number in place I can start estimating how much work I can realistically do in a week. With this bit of data I can realistically start looking for more contract work as well as start working on magazine articles.


So throughout the week be looking for updated word counts with each blog post. Wish me luck.



0 comments:

Post a Comment