Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break Stress Out

One of the hardest things to do in life is to keep going under constant pressure and the time when it can be the hardest is when the pressure lets up for a minute or two. This is what happened to me over spring break. Without the constant drive to make the paper and all that other school related stuff pushing me forward, the stress collapsed in on me.


The first few days of the break where difficult. Everything seemed a struggle. I fell behind in my fiction writing goal and that just made the stress worse. By Thursday I decided I was going to just take the week off. Rather then finding artificial ways to push myself, I just let myself relax.


The result is I feel recharged now. I have given the stress its time, I have fought it and I have come out the other side ready to fight some more. There is still a long way to go to where I want to be but I am ready for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment