Thursday, November 5, 2009

Look For Your Limiting Beliefs

Since we are a bit side tracked from the discourse on life mapping I want to take a minute to talk about something I read. April Dykman over at Get rich slowly has a great piece to day about Knocking out the beliefs that hold you back.

No matter what your limiting beliefs, the steps to knock them out are the same. I only realized it in retrospect, of course, but the steps I took to grow my freelance business aren’t much different than the steps I took to overcome some of my other limiting beliefs,


We all have false perceptions that hold us back from achieving the things we want in life. In my own life this has been a recurring problem for me. I hold the belief that no matter what I try I will fail at it. This leads me to set myself up for failure and never expect success. Then when I do fail to reach my goals the belief is reinforced. If my plans to take control of my life are to come to fruition, I have to challenge and overcome this limiting belief.

Your limiting beliefs may not be as large or as obvious as mine but they are there. They are the little lies we tell ourselves or that society whispers in our ear that make us turn away from our dreams and turn to a life of regret and boredom. So get in the ring and knock out your limiting beliefs.

Now if you'll excuse me it is time for round one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment