Friday, November 20, 2009

The state of the blog

I just thought I would take a moment today to look at were Up from the ashes is going and where I want it to go. This is supposed to be a story of my life changing and while I have some irons in the fire I haven't talked much about my plans lately. I think next week when I know a little more about how things are coming together I will be able to share some of those plans with everyone here.

Also I want to talk to a few people about those plans in person and I won't get a chance to do that until thanksgiving. Once that is done you will see more accounts of what I am doing to change my life and how it is working. Until then I will continue to lay the foundation here.

A change you will be seeing next week is a reoccurring segment on Monday in which I will talk about my goals for the week and look back and review how last week’s goals went. I would love if some of you folks out there reading this would take the time to share some of your own goals for the week in the comments. So think of that as your homework for the weekend, come up with a few goals and be ready to share.

Another feature that I will be unveiling latter today is a list of interesting links and readings that I have come across in the last week. I will try to do this every Friday in addition to my regular posting. So if you have something you think I should be reading let me know and I will give it a look.

Looking over what I have just wrought I would have to say that the lesson for today boils down to this, I can't do this alone. We need other people in our lives to help us change, to give us guidance and to share their wisdom. We need heroes and mentors and role models and friends. Who are yours?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment