Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Novelty

Before I get started today I want to let you know that this post is an exercise in novelty. I am posting this from my new cell phone.

Novelty is an important element in our lives. Whether we are always looking for what is new or if we like to stick to the known paths, novelty can help us discover aspects of ourselves we never knew before.

An example: I have had to start taking photos for the stories I write for Patch. Because of this I have become more aware of the way the world around me looks. Just the novelty of taking pictures changed my perspective.

Novelty is the process of exposing ourselves to things out of our normal experience but not necessarily out of our comfort zone. These new experiences can show us a lot about ourselves.

As for this novel experience of blogging from my phone, I think I like it for days like this where I am blogging from the bus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment