Thursday, April 14, 2011

Looking Back at 400

Yesterday's post was the 400th installment of Up From The Ashes. A lot has changed in my life since I started telling my story here and sharing my ideas. On the other hand a lot has stayed the same. The biggest changes in my life are increased confidence and a feeling of having direction in my life. I have a place I am going now rather then just drifting and that is a huge change for me. I know that I am in the right place working and studying journalism. It used to make me nervous hitting the publish button here. I used to wonder if people would care about what I had to say. I still get nervous hitting publish, but I know I am being read and now that can make me nervous. Knowing that what I have to say has a chance to change another life can be intimidating. There are those days when I feel I have just thrown a post up to say something, to keep the string alive, but I never feel that while I am writing. But there are posts where I can look back and see the desperate moments. Stress and worry come through in those half hearted posts. Do I regret them? No, not really. Up from the ashes was always meant to chronicle my journey to where I want to be. Those posts are as much a part of the journey I am on as the long winded inspired posts. And while I may not tell the story of my life by talking about events, the things and ideas that are on my mind while I travel are as much a snapshot as any play by play of events would be. And here we are at the end of post 401 the journey continues. I would love for folks to share there favorite posts from the last 400 in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment