Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Budgeting

One skill I need to develop if I am going to improve my relationship with money is budgeting. So as part of this I am working on developing a budget spread sheet to track income and expenditures.


Right now the budget is basically a two column ledger that lets me input expenses on one side and income on the other. I am also considering adding a want list to the budget a list of the top 5 items that I want to save for as well as a place to track my savings towards those items.



The other elements that still need to be built in are savings and emergency fund contributions.



Once I can see where the money is going I should be able to use it more effectively and make sure that the things that need to be paid get paid before the wants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment