Thursday, December 16, 2010

A New Statement of Intent

I need to focus on money. Not just making it, but also my relationship to it. This is hard for me to think about. Money scares me. If there is one area in which I need to take back the battle field this is it. I can do it. I know I can. I can start making enough money to live on. I can spend it responsibly, and I can do it on my terms. Now I just need to figure out how.

The first thing is to create a mental image of myself as someone who makes money and spends it well.

The second is to put aside my fear of rejection, and really start selling myself as writer. I know I have the skills and I know it will take some time to find publications I fit in with. There will be rejection; there will be people who do not think I am a good fit for what they need. There will also be others who want me, and who think I will work well at their publication. None of this will happen if I do not apply and put myself out there.

This needs to be my focus in the next months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment