Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The personal compass Part 4: Dreams

When we dream we see the world as we want it to be. Usually when we dream we want things to just happen. However making our dreams real, the very process of changing our lives requires hard work and dedication. While we are in the middle of the hard work we must not forget the dream, instead we must cherish it. If the dream is forgotten we are just toiling for the sake of toil.

While we cherish our dreams we must always remember to be practical in our approach to realizing them, and even in the very nature of the dream itself. If your dream is that someone will hand you $10,000,000,000 it is not likely to happen. A dream of being able to have a productive life with a happy family on the other hand is something we can make happen. That said do not be afraid to dream big audacious dream but when you do make sure they don't rely on some outside force's generosity.

I have the habit of dreaming big, unrealistic, fabulous dreams but the more I look to what I can achieve the more I find my dreams falling in line with reality. My dreams are now moving from a form of escapism and becoming a tool to help me live the life I want. As this happens I find my self dreaming and wishing for things that are attainable. Every dream we turn in to a reality is one leg of our journey completed.

What are your dreams and what are you doing to make them happen? Let me know in the comments and as always have a great day.

* On an unrelated note today is wold AIDS day more info can be found here. Get tested and be safe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment