Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bailing


Every once in a while I come across a blog about or hear a stories of someone creating a life for themselves that they want. When this happens I like to share the story with others since it is nice to see that it is possible to achieve our dreams. I feel this sort of proof that achievement is possible is intensely necessary. If and when we get discouraged with were we are and our own lack of progress in creating the life we want, we can at least look around and see it is possible.

When I was in my early 20s I remember reading an article in surfer magazine called '5 who bailed' (I think it was 5 it might have been 7.) It was the story of seven people who had rejected a cutlery normal life style to create a life for themselves that centered on surfing and still provided for their wants and needs. It was a beautifully written and photographed peace with some interesting profiles. I think it is one of the things that have made me understand the importance of not wanting what we are told to want but rather listening to that voice from inside that tells us what will really make us happy.

So in the spirit of those who have bailed I am pointing you over to a little blog called Alexander Knows. Alex recently posted an interesting little interview with a friend of his who is making a music carrier work on his terms. Enjoy, live the life you want, and have a great day.